Scholarships are monetary gifts, which means you don’t need to repay them or earn the funds by working. Scholarships are considered part of your financial aid package, and they may replace some or all of your financial aid eligibility, reducing your possible debt.
They are a form of financial assistance awarded to students based on specific criteria that have been determined by the donor or organization providing the funds and the FACF board of directors.
Apply: Scholarship Application
Please use a non-school email you check regularly as award notifications and can be accessed after July 15. Further directions will be communicated to you through this email. Your email is where you will be notified of your award.
Minimum Scholarship Requirements:
- Qualify as a Fergus Falls campus student by meeting one of the following:
- Take 6 on-campus credits at Fergus Falls
- Live in Fergus Falls campus housing
- Participate in athletics in Fergus Falls
- Participate in fine arts in Fergus Falls
- GPA of 2.5 or higher (You will need to include a current high school or college transcript)
- Must take a minimum of 6 credits.
- This means you CAN be a part-time student.
- We will prorate if 6-11 credits. Prorating means we pay per credit. If you are awarded $1200 and only take 6 credits, the prorated amount would be ($1200 annual award/12 credits = $100 per credit * 6) = $600 prorated annual award. For the spring only application, you would receive half this amount.
Fergus Area College Foundation offers a variety of scholarships to both first and second-year students, full and part-time, for classes taken at M State. If you are attending M State online only or on one of the other M State campuses, you can check with the other campuses’ foundation to see what might be available.
For a list of classes assigned to Fergus Falls, please run a class schedule at https://www.minnesota.edu/academics/class-schedules, sorted by campus via Advance Search.
Please make sure you provide as many details when completing the application as it will assist us in finding the right scholarship(s) for you. Answer the questions based on how you entered college this fall (new student or not).
If you have more questions, please be sure to check the Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.