Scholarships are monetary gifts, which mean you don’t need to repay them or earn the funds by working. Scholarships are considered part of your financial aid package, and they may replace some or all of your financial aid eligibility, reducing your possible debt.
They are a form of financial assistance awarded to students based on specific criteria that have been determined by the donor or organization providing the funds and the FACF board of directors.
Most FACF scholarship awards to Fergus Falls campus students are determined by academic achievement (GPA 2.5+) through an automatic tiered scholarship program. You just need to apply to attend the Fergus Falls campus of M State and have the other qualifications listed below.
If the qualifications are met, the tiers are as follows per year based on 12 or more credits taken each semester. You can be a part-time student and be awarded a prorated amount of the award:
|GPA Tiers||Award Amount|
|3.5 – 3.94||$1,500|
|2.5 – 3.49||$750|
All awards are not guaranteed and besides GPA are based on the qualifications listed below. Students need to apply for admission early to be considered for the automatic scholarships as funding will be first-come, first-served and there will be limited amounts beyond the tiered program.
Students may apply for more dollars by completing this application.
Application form: 2023-24 Scholarship Application beyond Tiered Scholarships
The extra scholarship funding available is dependent on such things as being a single parent, what high school you graduated from or if you are planning on participating in a Fergus Falls campus M State fine arts program, leadership opportunities and more. Please make sure you are detailed when completing your written answers.
To receive the full scholarship award, paid half in fall and half in the spring (automatic and applied) each semester a student:
- Must be enrolled at M State for a minimum of 12 credits. We may prorate for 6-11 credits. Prorating means we pay per credit. If $1200 annual award and taking 6 credits, the amount is ($1200/12 = $100 per credit * 6) = $600 prorated annual award.
- Must have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Must write a letter of thanks to scholarship representative(s). Information will be sent to students in mid-August.
- Must complete the RSVP and attend the scholarship reception during fall semester.
- Must be qualified as a Fergus Falls campus student by meeting at least one of the following criteria:
• Take 6 on-campus credits at Fergus Falls campus
• Participate in athletics at Fergus Falls campus
• Live in Fergus Falls campus housing
• Participate in fine arts at Fergus Falls campus
For a list of classes assigned to Fergus Falls, please run a class schedule at https://www.minnesota.edu/academics/class-schedules, sorted by campus via Advance Search.
Important: YOU need to check your email for award notifications and further directions. Make sure the email address you provide is one you can access after July 15, 2023.
If you are attending M State online only or on one of the other M State campuses, you can check with the other campuses’ foundation to see what might be available.
If you have more questions, please be sure to check the Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.