FACF Vision: We build futures and community at M State Fergus Falls, one relationship at a time. FACF Mission: Through the support of donors, Fergus Area College Foundation provides resources to enrich learning, living, working and serving.
What Makes Us Unique: Our foundation was created at the same time our campus was established to ensure the success of students, employees and the college within our Fergus Falls community.
Benefits to the Fergus Falls Campus of M State:
- Over $228,000 has been awarded in scholarships with more to come for this academic year
- We have 100+ named scholarships available
- We know the importance of having the college and its employees in the Fergus Falls area. However, due to the pandemic, for the 2021-22 Academic year, the scholarship requirement of 8 credits minimum taken on the Fergus Falls campus each semester has been amended to 1 credit assigned to the Fergus Falls campus each semester
- We have only one scholarship application allowing students to apply for all the FACF named scholarships
- Students can be awarded a scholarship before applying to the college, thus allowing our campus to use scholarships as a recruiting tool
- In addition to scholarships, FACF provides funding to each athletic sport program and fine arts as well as inviting all employees to apply for grants. The total amount awarded this past year was over $86,000
- Four colleagues make up the employee grant review committee and 4 others are part of the scholarship evaluation process.
Thank You for the Many Ways You Contribute:
- Payroll Deduction: If you continue to donate regularly through payroll deduction, we thank you for your continued support.
- One-time Gift: If you donate annually with a one-time gift, we thank you for your financial commitment.
- Legacy Donor: If you have designated Fergus Area College Foundation as a recipient of your estate, we thank you for planning for our long term sustainability.
- New Donors: If you have yet to become a donor, no amount is too small and your contributions are always welcome. Pledge forms and payroll deduction forms can be found at: https://goo.gl/HnNp4A
NEW THIS YEAR: Employee Campaign Giving Incentive
- 5 new donors
- 95+% renewed donors (employees giving this year who gave last year)
By achieving these goals as a campus community, current students, who have not already received a scholarship for the 2021-22 academic year, will have another chance to apply. If the goals are met by October 4th, the scholarship application program will be open from Tuesday, October 5th – Sunday, October 10th for students to apply for a full year academic scholarship.
BACK THIS YEAR! Three $500 scholarships available for you to nominate a qualified student by the end of the day on October 6, 2021.
Students may be nominated multiple times. The number of student nominations you can make corresponds with the participation entries based on your intended annual donation, see listing below. All nominated students entries will be compiled, then randomly drawn for scholarships. When a student name is drawn, FACF office will verify qualifications before announcing/awarding scholarship to the student.
Employee Participation Drawing. We continue to hold a special drawing which each employee donor is entered. The drawing may consist of items donated community organizations/people.
Number of student nominations and entries for drawing are based on your financial commitment as follows:
Entries received for:
Employees given an additional entry if 10% or more increase from their 2020-21 gift.
Campus Celebration: Light refreshments 11 am – 3 pm in FACF offices (L140) on Thursday, October 14th. Scholarship awards and employee participation drawings will be posted at our office throughout the day.
2021 Campaign Chair: